Thai Visa : Bangkok

Thai Visa

Obtaining a Thai visa for Thailand can be done online on our main website of Law Firm in Thailand. Allow us to prepare all the documents for you and courier these to you for submission. Depending on what you wish to do in Thailand there is a different visa for each. The most common visa is the Tourist Visa.

Tourist Visa

The tourist visa is valid for 2 months after entering the Kingdom. Before it expires you can extend the visa for an additional 30 days without leaving the country at Thai Immigration for a fee of 1,900 baht. This is a once off visa. If you leave Thailand before the 2 months are used and enter Thaialnd again, that visa would be used and thus void. Plan your trip to Thailand carefully.

Retirement Visa

This is an “OA” visa and is used for retirement applications. The visa is a bit more complicated than a tourist visa and legal advice and assistance is always good. There are financial requirements that need to be met, customs duties to be taken into consideration when moving to Thailand and of course the issue of your age. You have to be older than 50 years old to retire in Thailand and must be able to prove income or a lumpsum deposit in a Thai bangkok account with proof that it has been remitted from overseas. Speak to our immigration attorneys for more detailed conditions.

Marriage Visa

The marriage visa is for those who are married to a Thai citizen. This is a 3 months visa and needs to be extended in country for a year with certain conditions being met. Much like the retirement visa the “O” Visa or Marriage Visa is rather complicated and best suited to be done by an attorney in Thailand. The rules do change from time to time with regards to the marriage visa so be careful that you do not find yourself in the middle of another visa rule change.

Business Visa

This is the most misunderstood visa in Thailand. Many think that the business visa which many call a work visa allows you to work int he country. The “B” Visa only allows you to apply for a work permit in Thailand. Hence the “B” Visa application needs company documentation to prove that you will be working in Thailand and that a work permit will be applied for.

Speak to us on our main website via life chat or call us on our tollfree US or UK telephone numbers. With offices in all the major cities in Thailand, we are able to assist you anywhere. We are afterall the largest legal services network in Thailand. No other Thai law firm has more branches than us in Thailand.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *